Thursday, April 17, 2008

Aloha 'ohana,

I don't have too many pictures of us on the wa'a. In fact few of them record the skills we learned and practiced on the decks of Makali'i and Iosepa. I think we can all agree that when we were on deck our hands were far too busy to take in photo ops. The few that I do have of us on the pola were taken by Monique.
Interesting, that the majority of the photos are of us with wa'a people (not necessarily on the wa'a). The wa'a brought us together. I remember Uncle Clay telling me that it was the people we meet while caring for the wa'a that is the important thing. In caring for the canoe we learned to have stewardship for one another too.
Don't get me wrong. There are photos that exist, images in my mind, of the things we learned and accomplished on board that will never fade.
I have a few more pics of us during sea trials. I'll post them soon.
Malama pono, Noe

No comments: