Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Our Place



There she was. Right in front of me. The girl that I have been seeing around campus, running on the roads, and in my dreams. If I was going to make a move, now would be the time. Nervously, I walked toward the food table where she was and asked, "what are these", pointing at the calzones which I was already familiar with. I was trying to make conversation but with a simple reply "calzones" she turned around and walked away. At that moment, the thought of "O.K. you want to play like that" filled my mind. I felt feelings of determination and thought if she doesn't notice me by now, she will in the next week.

And so it was that in the next week that I saw her in various places (mostly at the canoe) that I tried my best to be noticed. Eventually being obnoxous paid off. The one word conversations soon turned into a couple,, and then to a few more. Soon my infatuation with this girl changed into deep respect and admiration as we shared stories of life and the canoe. I was fortunate to hear of the many sincere and unique feelings and experiences that this girl was having at the canoe and was happy to know that I was a part of some of them. The canoe seemed be the one place where our friendship and eventually our love flourished.

I am grateful to the canoe for bringing Namea and I together. Grateful for the many quiet moments that we were able to find to develop our love for each other. The place where we learn about each other; about our dreams, our goals, our stregnths, our weaknesses, our fears, and our joys. A place where I could see the girl, that visit me in my dreams, in real life. A place where I could steal priceless glimpses and smiles when no one else was looking. And a place where I could go to ponder and know that this girl was the right one for me, the one that would someday bear and nurture my children and spend eternity by my side. Mahalo Iosepa for fulfilling my life.
From Jude

No comments: